Why Robotic Packaging Automation is the Solution?
Producing products in a cost-effective ways will help to increase business success amidst of competition. Hence, production line automation with the help of robots is getting popular on being implemented in manufacturing companies. This is especially true in the packaging industry.
Why Robots in the Packaging Industry
- Flexibility. It will take a line operator a much shorter period of time to command a robot to change the packaging type compared to manually change them.
- Accuracy. Robots are built with high repeatability and accuracy. Therefore, this makes robots to be very suitable in packaging industry.
- Consistency. Robots follow instructions accurately and stick to the standards. Therefore, they will provide consistent results.
- Better Benefits. With high accuracy and consistency, robots will help to reduce labor and safety costs.
- Fits into many production lines.
With the many capabilities of robots, robots can easily benefit the following
- Picking and Placing
Problems to Take Note in Robotic Automation
Despite the benefits of robots in the packaging industry, it is important to be careful of the following common problems in implementing robotic automation.
- Trying to do too much with automation. We need to consider which process is better performed with robots or automation and which better be performed with human. Putting all in robots responsibilities will cause in the increase of maintenance cost and reduce in productivity.
- Misunderstanding Repeatability and Accuracy. Repeatable machines do not necessarily mean that the machines are accurate. Hence, it is important to continuously monitor for accuracy in robotic machines.
- Failure to Assign Robotics Technology. While robotic technology can help a business, implementing it wrongly will cause damages. Hence, it is important the the end users understand and implement the technology correctly.
Therefore, to get started with industrial robotic automation, it is very important that you have end users that understand how the robots work and how to implement them. Consult with us as an experienced robotic automation integrator for your robotic automation needs.